The KRPA Professional Development Committee plays an important role in helping plan and coordinate Tomorrow's Leaders and the KRPA-MRPA Executive Forum. Tomorrow's Leaders is the association's annual three-day workshop for young professionals in parks and recreation. The Executive Forum is a two day workshop for mid level managers and directors, which is hosted by KRPA every other year.
In addition, the Professional Development Committee explores other opportunities to provide learning programs or events which help further the education of park and recreation professionals in Kansas.
- Steve Herrig, Chair, Blue Valley Recreation Commission
- Darla Letts, Blue Valley Recreation Commission
- Ernie Shaw, Lawrence Parks and Recreation
- Jeff Stewart, Gardner Parks and Recreation
- Logan Wagler, Blue Valley Recreation Commission
- Nathan Nogelmeier, Fairway Parks and Recreation
- Jimmy Gibbs, Lawrence Parks and Recreation
- Rhonda Pollard, Johnson County Parks and Recreation District
- Brandy Shoemaker, Ottawa Recreation Commission
- Erika Devore, Kansas Recreation and Park Association