*** EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT: The 25th and 50th person to sign up for the SHARP workshop will receive half off (50%) their registration for the 2019 KRPA Annual Conference. (A value of $135.00+.) Registrations are already coming in so don't miss this chance. See details below.***
Join us on September 6, 2018 in Topeka, KS from 10:30AM-3PM for our first SHARP workshop. This workshop is for park and recreation professionals of all levels: front-line staff to senior-level employees. Lunch will be provided.
Our goal for this SHARP workshop is to provide new skills to help you thrive in your position, boost your professional development that will help in everyday tasks, and give you practical experiences to help problem solve at your job.
Each participant gets to choose one branch focus for that day. These are the 7 branch options:
Scroll down to learn more about each branch goal and focus.
- “That Moment”: where all your training, preparation and skill come to the surface and you take action.
- Learn problem-solving skills in different situations to build confident flexibility to train and manage the next scene
- KRPA aquatics branch/Shawnee County Emergency Management will provide hands-on training and activity that will focus on the foundations of emergency awareness and preparation at aquatic venues.
- Set a foundation of learning for future training dates on large scale emergency management scenarios.
- Learn and explore how to take great promotional photos with your smart phone
- Creating a voice for you community's park and recreation department
- Learn how social media can assist in growing your brand strength
- Tips and tricks for creating engaging social content
Thank you to our SHARP Workshop Sponsor:
KRPA will host an evening social on September 6th at The Pennant in Downtown Topeka. The Pennant is a NEW and FUN restaurant and bar with incredible food, vintage arcade games and a bowling alley. Learn more here: https://thepennanttopeka.com/. More details to come soon.
If you would like to join the fun, please RSVP to Kelli Maydew by August 17th, 2018.
Have a questions? Please email Kelli Maydew
or call (785) 235-6533.
*** Registration discount is non-transferable. Winners will be contacted via email and announced on social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.)***