Thank you to all who applied for a Healthy Hometown Grant. KRPA is in the review process and will announce winners later in May.
Healthy Hometowns is a community health improvement grant provided by Kansas Recreation and Park Association (KRPA) and the Powercat Health Partnership (Kansas State University, Kansas Health Foundation, and Stormont-Vail Hospital) to provide enhancement dollars to Kansas recreation and park agencies who support healthy lifestyles through programs and initiatives that promote healthy communities.
Goal: To improve the health and well-being of all Kansans.
1. Improve community health through the use of community partnerships and collaboration.
2. Educate and engage the community around health and wellness issues.
3. Strengthen the focus on health promotion and disease prevention.
4. Shape programs, systems and environments that support personal and community well-being.
5. Create sustainable, community-based improvements that address health disparities.